KOOPMANS SPECULAAS MIX
Koopmans with Gingerbread bake delicious Dutch cookies. You can make stuffed gingerbread, spiced chunks or spice nuts with this mix. The sophisticated blend of spices gives the delicious Dutch spiced flavor.
To make gingerbread pieces you only need to add butter. Do you want to make delicious stuffed gingerbread? Then you will have to add almond paste and egg.
Wheat flour, sugar, spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, ginger, coraiander, mace, cardomom), dextrose, raising agent (sodium carbonate), salt, roasted sugar.
How do I make stuffed gingerbread?
- Place the rack just below the middle of the oven and preheat the oven.
- Stir in the butter slightly softened, add the mix and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Knead the mixture with a mixer with dough hook or by hand until a cohesive dough.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator.
- Mix the almond paste with half the egg and two tablespoons of water.
- Grease the baking pan with butter or cooking spray (Dr. Oetker).
- Knead the dough briefly and divide it into three parts.
- Coated with 2 parts of the dough, the bottom of the mold and pressure to the edge to about 2 cm.
- Spread the almond paste with the back of a wet spoon over the dough.
- Roll the remaining dough into a slice the size of the mold and place it on the almond paste.
- Brush the dough with egg, garnish with the almonds and then brush it again.
- Bake the filled speculaas in approximately 40 minutes.
Since 1846, Koopmans Dutch families makes it easy to bake something delicious. We often hear: 'I bake with Koopmans, because then I'm sure it succeeds.' And we are quite proud of it. Years ago it started with a buckwheat mill in Holwerd and now our products are in all supermarkets.
Note: Ingredients and labels may change without notice and translation and/or typographical errors are possible. Therefore consumers are advised to check the ingredient lists on the package for substances that might be incompatible with them BEFORE ingestion. The European Parliament directives and amendments pertaining to compulsory food labeling can vary depending on the item in question and producers are not always required to provide a detailed and complete listing of all ingredients. When in doubt contact the manufacturer before consuming this item.